An excellent opportunity for the right minded individual to contribute and be involved in a wide range of financial activities.
- Full life cycle financial accounting, including financial reporting and analysis as well as planning and ad-hoc support to the business, this may be in reviewing purchase decisions or analyzing the impact of a new line of business.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and forecast updates, including working with the business to understand any variances to plan.
- Record keeping and processing key account transactions, including verifying and entering vendor invoices.
- Review and allocation of costs to ensure accurate weekly & monthly reporting
- Assist with and take ownership of key areas of weekly and monthly financial reporting.
- Take part in annual year end audit with an external firm.
- Recommend and participate in process improvement as required to support the business growth and philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Bank reconciliations and assistance with cash management activities, for example, aged debtor reporting and follow up.
- Investigate variances in budgets, reporting, internal controls, and general accounting; deploy measures to resolve variances.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis to meet business demands.
Key Technical Skills:
- Actively pursuing CPA
- Degree or diploma in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- Microsoft excel experience
- Experience with accounting software ( e.g. Quickbooks, Sage, SAP or another ) would be an advantage
Key interpersonal skills
- Enjoy being part of a team and working with non-financial employees
- Enjoy learning new things within an evolving business
- Customer focused
- Good organizational skills, and ability to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail