Van Buren OH
Yard Jockey (CDL A Driver)
Yard Jockeys are the backbone of any supply chain! If you perform well under pressure and enjoy contributing as an invaluable part of a team, this may be the opportunity for you
National Shunt Service LLC is looking for yard jockeys to join our growing team in Van Buren, OH location!
- Safely and efficiently move trailers in and out of dock doors, within and between facility buildings
- Maintain routine communication with dispatch/yard control regarding the placement of trailers both in door and in the drop lot
- Daily inspection of shunt truck, monitoring truck condition and communicate with regional manager when repair(s) is/are required
- Utilize our proprietary software to receive and complete moves on an as needed basis
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace
- Continuously follow safe operating procedures
- Inspect trailers
- Other duties as assigned
- Have & maintain a Class A CDL
- At least one year of driving a yard truck or double axel
- Must pass a yard driving test, background check, and drug test
- Experience with software and using devices such as tablets and smart phones
- Experience with computer software and programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Believe that “the safe way is the right way”
- Willing to work hard
- Experience with refrigerated trailers preferred
Team members here receive:
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive benefit plan for full time employees – including company paid life insurance & short-term disability insurance!
- 401K matching program
- Strong work/life balance – you’re home every day!
- Employee referral bonuses
- Employee recognition programs
- Company events & lunches
- Opportunity for internal advancement
- Professional training and development
- Positive company culture
Be part of our Team! If you have a winning attitude and looking for a career in a niche business, this opportunity is right for you! NSSL would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
NSSL is committed to make its recruitment process inclusive and accessible to all applicants. Accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal opportunity throughout the hiring process.