Van Buren OH
Yard Switcher – CDL A Driver
Be part of our Team! If you have a winning attitude and looking for a career in a niche business, this opportunity is right for you!
National Shunt Service LLC is looking for yard jockeys for all shifts to join our growing team at our Van Buren, OH location!
Who is National Shunt?
National Shunt Service LLC. is a family owned company operating across North America that specializes in yard management (also known as shunting, spotting, jockeying, yarding or switching). NSSL has over 20 years of experience providing innovative operations and technology for yard service management. Our team executes a Total Yard Management Program for any type of warehouse, manufacturer, or cross-dock operation in North America.
We manage in excess of 150,000 shipment movements per month for some of the leading name brand manufacturers and major retailers in North America. Our team members in the yard are important to our success, and we pride ourselves on giving our employees opportunities to develop and grow within their career.
Here at National Shunt Services LLC, our values guide our every action.
We strive to achieve Solutions, Honesty, Understanding, Necessary, and Trust.
We notice and recognize each team member demonstrating these values!
- Safely and efficiently move trailers in and out of dock doors, within and between facility buildings
- Maintain routine communication with dispatch/yard control regarding the placement of trailers both in door and in the drop lot
- Daily inspection of shunt truck, monitoring truck condition and communicate with regional manager when repair(s) is/are required
- Utilize our proprietary software to receive and complete moves on an as needed basis
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace
- Continuously follow safe operating procedures
- Inspect trailers
- Other duties as assigned
- Have & maintain a Class A CDL
- At least one year of driving a yard truck or double axel
- Must pass a yard driving test, background check, and drug test
- Experience with software and using devices such as tablets and smart phones
- Experience with computer software and programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Believe that “the safe way is the right way”
- Willing to work hard
- Experience with refrigerated trailers preferred
Team members here receive:
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive benefit plan for full time employees – including company paid life insurance & short-term disability insurance!
- 401K matching program
- Strong work/life balance – you’re home every day!
- Employee referral bonuses
- Employee recognition programs
- Company events & lunches
- Opportunity for internal advancement
- Professional training and development
- Positive company culture
NSSL would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
NSSL is committed to make its recruitment process inclusive and accessible to all applicants. Accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal opportunity throughout the hiring process.