Shunt Driver (AZ Driver)
Shunt Operators are the backbone of any supply chain! If you perform well under pressure and enjoy contributing as an invaluable part of a team, this may be the opportunity for you.
NSSL continues to grow and we have some exciting new shunting opportunities in the Cambridge, Ontario area!
We have several positions available including day, afternoon, and night shifts!
National Shunt Service Ltd. operates across North America and we specialize in yard management (shunting). With over 20 years of experience providing innovative yard management services (operations and technology), NSSL executes a TOTAL YARD MANAGEMENT PROGRAM for any type of manufacturer or cross-dock operation in North America. We call it shunting but you may know it as spotting, jockeying, yarding, or switching.
NSSL is a family-owned and operated transportation company. We manage over 150,000 shipment movements per month for some of the leading name-brand manufacturers and major retailers in North America. Our people are important to our success and we pride ourselves on giving our employees opportunities to develop and grow within their careers.
- Competitive wages
- Paid Stat Holidays
- Overtime is paid at 1.5 times regular rate
- Company-paid benefits with flexible options for Full-Time Employees
- Strong work/life balance – home every day
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Company Events and lunches
- Opportunity for internal advancement
- Professional training and development
- Safe and efficient movement of trailers in and out of dock doors, within and between facility buildings
- Maintain routine communication with dispatch/yard control regarding the placement of trailers both indoor and in the drop lot
- Daily inspection of truck
- Utilize our proprietary software to receive and complete moves on an as-needed basis
- Monitor truck condition and communicate with the regional manager when repair(s) required
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace
- Following safe operating procedures at all times
- Inspect trailers
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid AZ license is required
- Clean driving abstract and CVOR
- Minimum 2 years of experience preferred (shunting experience is an asset!)
- Experience with computer software and programs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Believe that “the safe way is the right way”
- Willing to work hard
Be part of our Team as a Shunter! If you have a winning attitude and looking for a career in a niche business, this opportunity is right for you! NSSL would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of NSSL, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Upon Request, NSSL will provide accommodation to a job applicant with a disability during its recruitment, assessment, and selection process.
For more information about National Shunt Service and possible career opportunities, please visit www.nationalshunt.com
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent