Vaughan, ON - CA
Safety, Compliance, and Quality Manager
Safety and Compliance is the backbone of any supply chain! If you enjoy contributing as an invaluable part of a team, this may be the opportunity for you.
Join our award-winning team and kickstart your professional growth! NSSL is an industry-leading total yard management services provider. We work with a diverse range of customers across North America. With a well-maintained fleet, a people-first culture, and a roll-up-your-sleeved approach, we help our people and our customers achieve their goals
Our team is growing and we are currently looking for a Safety, Compliance, and Quality Manager to work in our Vaughan location. This position will be pivotal in ensuring safety, quality, and compliance protocols are established and followed throughout the business.
- Ensure compliance with US FMCSA/DOT and Canada national safety code regulations and requirements by province.
- Develop and communicate the performance standards by which the quality will be measured.
- Develop, implement and maintain a “best-in-class” occupational Health and Safety program for both Canada and The USA.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a “Best in Class” quality and safety protocol and process for both Canada and the USA.
- Provide overall leadership, guidance, and support to the team members including advising and training safety procedures, processes, and compliance.
- Utilize data to identify at-risk behavior trends, target actions, and communications specific to mitigating identified risks.
- Oversee the fleet and driver files to ensure compliance.
- Manager the qualification renewal process, ensure NSSL is in compliance.
- Assisting claim management through insurance
- Assist with the driver hiring process to ensure drivers meet regulatory and company qualifications.
- Support automobile insurance renewals by providing the information requested by NSSL’s consultant.
- Responsible for driver Hours of Service (HOS) from ELD logs and driver files and qualifications to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Lead in the development and implementation of job/site-specific SOPs and policies as well as the migration of existing SOPs and policies.
- Develop and implement safety, quality, and compliance policies, practices, and procedures.
- Perform audits and/or monitoring to ensure policy and procedure compliance
- Support the incident investigation process upon occurrence of work-related incidents or near-misses.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management and the customer.
- Oversee the development and preparation of safety communications (e.g., bulletins, safety advisory memo).
- Act as a facilitator for joint health and safety committees.
- Participate in the review and mapping of internal processes and procedures to identify efficiencies in regard to quality of service and safety.
- Identify and provide recommendations on training needs or opportunities that arise from audits and monitoring.
- Manage the CVOR events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Transportation or Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of management experience in Safety and Compliance in the Transportation industry.
- Thorough knowledge of US FMCSA/DOT and Canada national safety code regulations and requirements by province.
- Ability to benchmark, measure, analyze data and articulate the value of risk management initiatives, practices, and policies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting root cause analysis for risk mitigation.
- Loss management or risk mitigation experience from the insurance industry is an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and implement changes.
- Ability to motivate and direct individuals within all levels of the organization.
- Capacity to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility; ability to readily adapt to change.
- Capacity to use analytical and troubleshooting skills to resolve complex problems; creative problem-solving skills; initiative.
- Six sigma and lean programs experience to be an asset
- AZ license an asset
- French language skills an asset.
- Available to handle after hours emergencies.
- Ability to travel within Canada and The USA.
Join our team! If you have a winning attitude and looking for a career in a niche business, this opportunity is right for you! NSSL would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of NSSL, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Upon Request, NSSL will provide accommodation to a job applicant with a disability during its recruitment, assessment, and selection process.
For more information about National Shunt Service and possible career opportunities, please visit www.nationalshunt.com